Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sometimes my job is too much fun

L1030666 I got to spend a couple hours yesterday watching a great American illustrator work. (Free book to the first person to comment with his name.)

L1030648

Watching an artist work in his studio is a rare treat. Watching the artist take requests is almost too good to be true.

L1030610I took the pictures you see here, but I wasn’t the real photographer. These are but teasers. As you’ve probably guessed, you’ll be seeing a lot more of the fruits of these few hours in the months to come. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Megan K. Bickel said...

Is it Stephen Grammell?

Boni Ashburn said...

Is it Etienne Delessert?

Boni Ashburn said...

Yeah, nevermind- he's not American. Looks like his art though :)

James said...

Is it Ralph Steadman?

Andrew Karre said...

Megan is right. Email akarre@lernerbooks.com with your address and let me know what you want. I'm curious as to how you knew.

James, you're not the only one to guess Steadman. The stylistic similarity should have occurred to me. (He is a Brit, though.)