Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring has sprung.

How can I tell? It’s not the rivers of mud or the crocuses. It’s our shiny new imprint, Carolrhoda Lab:

image

Allow me a moment of inarticulate glee and giddiness about this announcement. It’s no secret how important YA is to me, both as an art form and as a part of an important conversation about  our culture. I am so excited to be able to cast this new line into that teeming stream with Blythe, Steve, and Ilsa.   

When I was imagining writing this post, I was thinking about that stock phrase in press releases: “For immediate release.” Man, that is true in more ways than one. We’ve been working on Lab for a  long time, and now that it’s official, the release is indeed immediate. Sadly, I didn’t coordinate my desire to make a pun with Lindsay, so I see that phrase isn’t there. Ah well. True all the same. Launching something like this is a large amount of work for a lot of dedicated people, not least the authors who’ve put their faith in the new thing. So to all involved, I say thanks and bring on the books.

Draw the Dark CoverAbsolute Value of -1 Cover

The Freak Observer Cover

10 comments:

Maggie Stiefvater said...

GIANT CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Ilsa J. Bick said...

Lovely post, Andrew. I'm so proud and pleased to be a part of this.

Jody said...

congratulations. It all looks excellent!

Karen Kincy said...

Just popping over from Twitter to say congrats, and gorgeous covers!

Karen Kincy
www.karenkincy.com

Andrea Cremer said...

Wonderful! Congratulations :)

Eve Paludan said...

Re-tweeted you! :-)
Congratulations on the upcoming launch.

Fleur Bradley said...

Love those covers! Best I've seen in a while.

Jennie Englund said...

ENORMOUSLY exciting!!!

Margaret Willey said...

I am excited for you Andrew. And for blythe.

Pat Schmatz said...

Congrats, Andrew!! Those covers look terrific (but then, that is the Carolrhoda way).