Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back!

This will be an unfocused post, since I’m still digging out from weeks of travel.

Bologna was lovely. Vastly more experienced hands than have blogged the show already. Suffice it to say, I had a good time and got excited about several things.

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of a quick trip to Omaha to speak to the Nebraska chapter of SCBWI. Thanks to that small but excellent group for being a great audience.

I came back to lots of cool news on the review front. BobVila.com has much love for Chris Monroe’s Monkey with a Tool Belt. And a Wisconsin library has posted this excellent review of Pat Schmatz’s Lambda-nominated YA, Mousetraps.

Coherence to come.

2 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

I really enjoyed your presentations at the SCBWI Omaha event. You had some unique perspectives about the industry and the upcoming generations. Your optimism was also really refreshing!!

Ronica Stromberg said...

You inspired me to finally get blogging. I set up the site today, as much as I could figure out. Now just have to wait until the kids get home from school to see if they can tell me how to create additional pages about my books, etc. :)

You are in my first post though. I commented about what you said about writing YA novels in first person. After thinking back about where I'd heard third person recommended for writing, I realized it was the tweed jackets in college (University of Iowa).