Friday, January 30, 2009

Food, again

Yes, this is my own personal hobby horse, but can I have a Friday pass?

The White House’s new chef, Sam Kass, has strong opinions about school lunches. To which I say, good!

At the moment, though, this is still all just a conversation among adults about young people but not with or even for young people—not something I think is always particularly helpful.  Apparently, though, Kass is  28, which officially makes him a Young Turk. So maybe he’ll use his credibility to bring young people, particularly teens, into a conversation about food.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Mr Karre - I love your blog. I am a marketing business owner by day and aspiring author by night.

I run a I marketing blog for authors /illustrators (MarketMyWords at www.faeriality.blogspot.com/. ) This year, I 'm adding a new feature to my blog. A weekly interview with published authors /illustrators/agent/and editors to discuss the different marketing techniques they use to create a buzz about their book (such as blogs, web sites, social networking, twitter etc.) It doesn't have to be anything formal just certain ways you reach your audience.
As I work to get published, it is my way of giving back to authors /illustrators by helping them think through marketing their books and how to start that process. I think authors and writers do not know to focus on marketing until it is late in the game.

Let me know if you would you be interested in being interviewed? I could send you the questions over email so that you can answer them at your convenience. There are about 6- 8 questions.

Here are a couple that have recently posted so you can see the format:

http://faeriality.blogspot.com/2009/01/marvelous-marketers-martha-mihalick.html

http://faeriality.blogspot.com/2009/01/mondays-marvelous-marketer-lisa.html

sincerely shelli