Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yearbook from Japanese Internment Camp

Via BoingBoing.

I didn't spend a lot of time digging deeper into this, but it seems like any old high school yearbook . . . except all the students are Japanese and the school was in an internment camp. It's strange.

http://content.cdlib.org/dynaxml/data/13030/4k/kt138n984k/files/kt138n984k-FID261.jpg

The illustrations between the sections are oddly chilling. For the Sports  illustration, am I imagining things or is that a fence with barbed wire? What's the implication there? I don't see anything sporting in the picture.

Here are all the scans.

1 comment:

Brian Mandabach said...

Those activities look fun, too!

btw, the facebook link only took me to my facebook home, and a carolrhoda search didn't yield the right result. :(