Friday, November 14, 2008

Fridays Are for Good Reviews

Chris Monroe's Monkey with a Tool Belt has been selected for the New York Public Library’s annual list, Children’s Books, 2008 – 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing.

Monkey was the very first Carolrhoda book I read when I was interviewing for this job. I loved it, and I'm so glad I'm not alone.

I think Chico Bon Bon should go to the ceremony--you know, just in case something goes wrong with the PA. He's probably got the right tool to fix it.

And, if I may be allowed, congratulations are in order to Maggie Stiefvater, whose first book, Lament, I published in my previous life. She just snagged her third starred review--this time in Kliatt. Go Maggie. Her publication story is great, and if I weren't about to rush out the door, I'd tell it.